Sunday, February 10, 2013

Verse of the Day: If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 NIV

Random thought of the day:  This week was our last week covering Matthew with the Sunday School kids, and at the end of the visual Bible video, as Jesus is walking away after giving the great commission, this (picture above) was the look on his face... such a look of... complete joy.  For some reason this hit me especially hard this time, I think because I know this is a joy I lack, and would like to have someday.  I probably lack it because of wrong priorities or whatever, but its exciting to see God as being joyful like that, and know that pursuing Him can let me share in this happiness. Its so easy to see God as this stern, somber character who is disappointed in us, so it was nice to see an interpretation of Scripture that challenges this.  I WANT to know this Jesus!!

In my head..: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg9Urm2_7xQ

House Quote of the Day:
                                    Wilson: "That smugness of yours really is an attractive quality."
                                     House: "Thank you. It was either that or get my hair highlighted. Smugness
                                                    is easier to maintain."

Truth or Myth?: "Only 10 percent of people who are bitten by venemous snakes actually die from it."
                          (Yesterdays answer: Despite having a lovely voice, Obama was never a professional singer).

Psych Fact of the Day: Occam's Razor= principle stating that the simplest explanation is usually the best one (most likely to be accurate).

No comments:

Post a Comment