Friday, March 1, 2013

Verse of the Day: Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:25-26 NIV

Random thought of the day:  Had my first grad school interview todsay.  I had not idea what to expect- after all, I didn't have to interview for undergrad, but I think it went pretty well.  It was a group interview process, followed by a writing portion, introduction by the different professors in the program, and a question/answer section with some former students. I liked the campus, but the thing that suprised me was.. the whole secular perspective of the school bothered me more than I thought it would.  There were all these comments about "openmindedness" and "gay/lesbian/bisexual/transexul comunities" and "getting over your religious/cuiltural biases" thrown out there today, and now I can't help but wonder... would I end up beating my head against the wall, as a Christian, trying to get an education there?  I"m all for compassion- we are all sinners who struggle with different things after all, but isn't "openmindedness" just another way of saying you haven't really developed any convictions and/or courage to stand up for what you believe in?  How is that love, holding God's truth from people who need it? I don't know... I sure could use your prayers for wisdom readers. 

In my head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjQpvVUHEns

House Quote of the Day:
                                  Cuddy: "I made sure your first case was an interesting one... the guy is
                                                 orange."
                                         House: "Orange as in the fruit?"
                                         Cuddy: "Orange as in the color."
                                         House: "Well how orange?"
                                         Cuddy: "Exam Room 1."

MLS:  "Today, I left my window open while I was practicing my saxaphone. My drunk neighbors showed their appreciation for the music with a well-aimed firecracker that set my mattress on fire. My landlord has threatened to evict me as she thinks I set it off. MLS."

ScaryFact:  "In severe cases, caffeine overdoese can result in death from convulsions or an irregular heartbeat."



No comments:

Post a Comment