Sunday, January 13, 2013

Verse of the Day: "God has given us the task of telling everyone what he is doing. We’re Christ’s representatives. God uses us to persuade men and women to drop their differences and enter into God’s work of making things right between them. We’re speaking for Christ himself now: Become friends with God; he’s already a friend with you.” 2 Corinthians 5:20 MSG
Book Review:  Weighing in with an awesomeness score of 7/10, this book had some aspects that I liked, and others that I didn't.  Basically the story of a girl who is a triplet (her two sisters are identical, and she is not), who is trying to figure out how to be part of her sister's tight circle, but also be an individual at the same time.  Goes back and forth in time from her childhood and college years, to present day, where her father has disappeared and she is trying to figure out what happened to him.  The writing style was very compelling, but again, they always have to put some stupid immoral love scene in somewhere (that burns me up!), and the ending wasn't as satisfying as I would have hoped.  A so-so reading choice I'd say.

House quote of the day:
                                       Foreman (after House walks out of court): "Are you out of your mind?!"
                                       House: "They said they wanted me there... but I don't think they liked me."

Truth or Myth?:  The original pledge to the flag was executed in the same manner as the salute used in Nazi Germany.

(Yesterday's answer: Myth. "Aging and loss of memory are not a foregone conclusion. In fact eating healthy, getting enough sleep, and keeping active can keep your memory intact.)

MLS of the Day: "Today I got a really bad sunburn on my face while at the lake. Not to worry though, my friends made me feel better by saying, 'It takes the attention away from your acne. MLS."

ScaryFact of the Day: "In 1953, CIA Director Allen Dulles ordered secret experiments to test the effects of biological and chemical agents on humans.  Uninformed subjects were given drugs like LSD and heroin, and at least two subjects died as a result...and many others suffered serious health consequences."

No comments:

Post a Comment