Sunday, January 6, 2013

Verse of the Day: “ So roll up your sleeves, put your mind in gear, be totally ready to receive the gift that’s coming when Jesus arrives. Don’t lazily slip back into those old grooves of evil, doing just what you feel like doing. You didn’t know any better then; you do now. As obedient children, let yourselves be pulled into a way of life shaped by God’s life, a life energetic and blazing with holiness. God said, “I am holy; you be holy.”” 1 Peter 1:13 MSG

Book Review: .. I'd give this one an 8/10, simply because I didn't agree with all the contents. Basically, the story of an English girl raised in India who loses her mother tragically and is sent back to her home country to attend a boarding school.  Starts having visions of the future, and discovers a way to enter the spiritual realm... Like I said, the contents are a bit controversial (e.g. they go to visit a spiritualist...), but I did appreciate how they book portrayed that messing with the spiritual world can be a dangerous thing, and something that seems innocent at first can end up wreaking tragedy... The historic picture it painted of boarding school and a woman's life in the 1800's was fascinating too.  Anyone with a firm grip on their Bible would be safe reading this, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone too impressionable...

Things that are awesome: ... Family bowling night.  Although I'm definetly NOT gifted when it comes to this game, Country Lanes in Excelsior has 10-12 unlimired bowling on Saturday nights which is super fun.  Mybrother, sister, Aaron, my parents and I all went, so we had two different games going at once.  My sister and I "crazy bowled" the first round, and then tried to seriously play afterward.  My arm is a little sore today, but all the laughing we did definetly made it worth it.  Yay for family time!!

House quote of the day:
                              House: (to a patient). "what's your favorite dessert topping... Trust me, you never  
                               know what fact may prove key to saving your life."

Truth or Myth?: Prior to modern medicine, kissing was considered a form of virus protection.

ScaryFact of the Day: "Strong positive or negative emotions- ecstasy, grief, excitement- can lead to sudden cardiac death via ventricular fibrillation (irregular heartbeat)."
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment