Wednesday, October 17, 2012

1017/12

*Dear Readers.  My last blog was about a kid named Spencer, and tragically, he died on Monday night.  The last couple days of not writing were my version of a moment of silence- as it were.  We are all going to miss him.

Verse of the Day: “The LORD confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. My eyes are ever on the LORD, for only he will release my feet from the snare.” Psalm 25:14-15 NIV

Things that are awesome:  Kermit never fails to make me smile.  Ever since I was a kid and my grandpa had a kermit the frog phone, this muppet has been one of my favorite fictional characters.  He sings a couple of really funny songs, including "its not easy being green" and "the rainbow connection" with his little banjo, and his frog-voice is fantastic!  If he were a real frog, he and I would totally hang. :)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ZxxHbJGbY
Spaghetti Goulash Recipe * Spaghetti Goulash.  This is the second recipe I made out of my Taste of Home casserole cookbook.  It has quite a few ingredients, but it turned out really good, and it lasts quite a long time, since it makes a lot. Try it out!! http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Spaghetti-Goulash

Daily Play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdd_n26bTZs

Far Side of the Day:

Urban Dictionary Word of the Day: Bird=slang (eng.) young woman.
 
Psych Fact of the Day: Mary Ainsworth= did experiment with babies where she had the babies mom's leave and then come back, measuring how different infants responded.  She discovered 3 different types of attachment in the babies she studied: Insecure/Avoidant (did not care when mom left, avoided her/did not care when she returned), Secure (upset when mom left, but quick to welcome her back when she returned), and Insecure/Resistant (REALLY upset when mom left, and angry/resistant towards her when she returned). These attachment styles have been shown to impact people later in life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment