Saturday, October 6, 2012

10/6

Verse of the Day: 13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” (John 4:13-15)

Things that are awesome: *Covers of songs that are actually as good/better than the original.... As a general rule, I'm not a huge fan of covers, but every once in awhile you come across one that is just... AWESOME- (esp when the cover brings the song into my vocal range :) ) This cover of Colplay's "The Scientist" that I heard the other day is one such example. Check it out!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmHvLCbcwtw

*My friend Christopher Scanlon.  This guy covered my lane at work tonight so I could go put out stray on the sales floor (albiet snarkily... :P).  He also happens to be a faithful reader of this blog.. so I guess I can forgive him.  Here's to you man! (Even though you like Captain America).

Daily Play: www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmrOB

*Far Side of the Day:

Urban Dictionary Word of the Day: Blue Screen of Death=Microsoft's most successful program

Psych Fact of the Day: Pre-Frontal lobotomy: Surgery popular in the early 1900's as a supposed "cure" for schitzophrenia.  Basically a severing of the frontal lobe from the rest of the brain; resulted in flat affect/emotionlessness in patients who recieved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment