Friday, October 5, 2012

10/5

Verse of the Day: “Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.” Isaiah 26:4 NIV

Things that are awesome: A capella singing. I've gotten so spoiled by Karoake and singing in church with a band, that sometimes I forget how awesome just voices alone can sound.  I was in an a capella chamber choir in high school, and seeing Pitch Perfect yesterday brought back all those memories for me. :) Instruments are great, but when you have just voices being all the parts you get a whole different experience, and catch totally different things in the music.  Kind of like how black and white photos help you appreciate shapes/lines/shadows more, as compared to color photos which help you appreciate... color. A capella is A ca-awesome!!

Daily Play:  www.youtube.com/watch?v

Far Side of the Day:

Urban Dictionary Word of the Day: Beardo=A weirdo with a beard.

Psych Fact of the Day: Projection=putting your feelings onto someone else (e.g. saying 'my teacher hates me' when you actually hate HER).

No comments:

Post a Comment