Friday, September 7, 2012

9/7/12

Verse of the day: "He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching very one with all wisdom. so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ." (Colossians 1:2)

Random thought of the day: when people used to tell me that God spoke to them through their reading of the Bible I used to be like "uh huh" just thinking it was a "spiritual" type of thing to say. After all, the Bible is just another  book  right?  Well actually... Wrong. In the last few months since I started reading again I have been surprised over and over again by how often I get answers to whatever I'm dealing with in the passage I happen to be reading that day..  Almost like God knows what I need and planned it so I would learn exactly what I need to each day... Or in other words, like He is talking to me while I read.  What other book could do that? Um... None. I feel so close to Him.. The King of Kings. How cool is that??? :)

Things that are awesome:  .. Normally I dont like cooking shows, but I was at my friend Jen's house, and she does, so we watched a few episodes. Basically a competition show where 4 chefs are given baskets of random ingredients and have to make an appetizer, entree, and dessert in 30 minutes or less.  At each course, someone gets chopped, leaving one winner who gets 10,000.  Even though I'm not into cooking, its interesting to see what people come up with for each dish... and I find myself learning about ingredients I've never heard of every episode. Check it out! :)

*My new cell-phone Lock Screen:

*Psych fact of the day: Social Psychology: The study of how individuals influence individuals, individuals influence groups, groups influence individuals, and groups influence other groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment