Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Verse of the Day: “For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” (Hebrews 10:30)

Things that are awesome:

* .. The unexpected.   So this morning my dad had a fridge delivered to the house, and I was the one home to supervise.  It ended up being two really friendly black guys who hummed as they worked. :)  One of them asked about my dad's guitar, and we ended up talking about a music a little.  I told them that my dad wants me to play bass but that I"m a singer... when all of a sudden one of them was like "let's hear something.. I want to hear the voice." I hesitated for a second but then thought "what the hell" so I sang them the chorus of Rolling in the Deep.  They grinned huge and were like "aaaaallll Right!"- made me laugh.  I love unexpected funny things like that. :)

*Adult birthday parties.  Although getting older is depressing, I LOVE the simplicity of birthday parties when people get older.  No buying-presents hassle, no overly sugary cake with WAAAY to much frosting... Just a fun night out on the town usually.  I'm going to one tonight- at karoake baby! Yeah!!

Far Side of the Day:

Urban Dictionary Word of the Day: Baby goggles= A phenomenon where the parents of an ugly baby think their baby is adorable and no one else does.

Psych fact of the day: Attribution Error: People's tendency to blame other people's situations on dispositions rather than circumstance. (e.g. that kid is a bully because he is an evil person vs. that kid is a bully because he was raised in an abusive home where violence was demonstrated as a solution to problems).

No comments:

Post a Comment